In addition to huge investments in modern plantations, cold storages, high-performance sorting and packing lines, the members of Moldova Fruit Association agreed on a set of common values and rules that will lead to the continuous improvement of the quality of delivered fruits.
Thus, the promise to offer a really distinctive taste is complimented by the principle of continuous improvement of the quality of the fruits offered to consumers around the world.
Quality seal for fruits of First and Extra categories
The trademark „Moldova – taste makes the difference” has been promoted internationally since 2013.
To ensure the protection of a positive image of Moldovan fruits, in 2020 a new logo was adopted, and the Council of the Moldova Fruit Association approved the Regulation regarding the use of the trademark „Moldova – taste makes the difference”.
According to this Regulation, the trademark „Moldova – taste makes the difference” can be used only for fruits of 1st and Extra categories, ensuring or exceeding the requirements provided in the Government Decision of the Republic of Moldova no. 929 „Quality and marketing requirements for fresh fruit and vegetables”, which is in line with EU legislation.
Sistemul de asigurare a calității
Regulation regarding the use of the trademark „Moldova – taste makes the difference” provides a quality assurance system and stipulates a number of requirements and criteria for products marketed under this brand, including:
- Exclusively Moldovan origin;
- Existence of a system ensuring traceability;
- Implementation of Global GAP and other standards that ensure the application of good management practices and food safety requirements, as well as good social practices;
- Maintaining the residue level as low as possible, with mandatory compliance to the limits allowed on the destination markets;
- Ensuring a quality packaging that protects the fruits and enables an attractive presentation.